Healthy Food Vending Washington DC
If there’s one health food trend that’s here to stay, it’s providing a greater variety of alternative healthy food vending Washington DC residents can snack on. Many businesses, schools, and other organizations have already discovered the heightened demand for healthier meal and snack options. Our goal now is to make conventional vending machines a thing of the past!
At Monumental Markets, we believe that the process of finding healthy food vending Washington DC consumers want doesn’t have to be a hassle. Conventional vending machines and fast food options have become so ingrained in American culture that it was once hard to imagine an alternative vending option packed with preservative-free foods. At Monumental Markets, our core mission is to break that mold and flood the industry of Washington DC healthy food vending with appetizing snacks that customers crave.
If your business or organization has relied on traditional “junk food” vending options, you may already be aware that conventional vending snacks are very unhealthy and can lead to an amalgam of health problems over a long period of time. If you’ve started searching for the freshest alternative healthy food vending Washington DC has to offer, you’ve already taken the first step toward helping your employees maintain healthy lifestyles.
Like many Americans, though, you might not realize just how prevalent unhealthy snack foods are, and just how many problems these food choices can cause. Our team at Monumental Markets is focused on providing convenient alternatives to healthy vending machine snacks Washington DC consumers want, and we also want to show our clients how big of an impact they make when they choose to offer healthier snack options. Did you know:
- Researchers estimate that American businesses suffer from lost productivity on a massive scale when workers are overweight or obese. One recent study estimates that American employees miss 39 million workdays each year due to obesity-related illnesses. (National Security Council)
- The financial costs of treating illnesses associated with obesity are very high in the U.S. According to one recent study, Americans pay an estimated $190.2 billion per year to combat these illnesses– and health experts believe this cost will continue to rise. (Institute of Medicine of the National Academies)
- The typical American diet exceeds the recommended daily intake of four major nutritional components: added sugars, refined grains, sodium, and saturated fats. Ingredients belonging in these four categories are often found in traditional vending snacks. (U.S. Department of Agriculture)
- Sodium, in particular, has become an unhealthy staple in the average American’s diet. According to the CDC, around 90% of American adults consume more than salt everyday than health guidelines recommend. (U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, 2012)
- Only one in five Americans consumes the recommended amount of fruits per day. (National Security Council)
- Many Americans struggle to maintain a healthy diet, and it can seem impossible to escape the magnetic pull of a quick fast food meal in a city like Washington DC. In one 2012 survey, 52% of respondents said that doing their taxes was easier than figuring out how to eat a healthier diet! (DoSomething.org)
The “Fast Food” Alternatives and Healthy Food Vending Washington DC Residents Want
At Monumental Markets, we make it easier for businesses to provide healthier, appetizing food choices for employees and consumers — all without sacrificing the convenience and simplicity that conventional vending machines provide. For more information about how we help businesses provide alternative healthy food vending Washington DC consumers want, contact us today.